Fostering a healthy working environment
Employee health is a top priority for Imerys and we use best available practices appropriate to our operations.
Dust, noise and vibrations constitute the main exposures in mineral mining and processing. Mitigating these exposures forms part of a structured Health Management Program which revolves around the following mainstays:
- Controlling dust, noise and vibration exposures upstream through abatement measures
- Monitoring employee health and taking remedial action where necessary
- The independent monitoring of employee health by external bodies, the results of which are published in peer-reviewed publications
- Identifying and managing the health issues associated with our products throughout the product lifecycle
- Promoting healthy lifestyles through employee wellness programs
More information about our health and safety policies and practices and examples of what we do can be found on the Imerys Group website.